Gustavo Balbi: 'Luis Suarez has nothing left to prove in Premier League'

Luis Suarez of Uruguay celebrates scoring his team's first goal during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Group D match against England on June 19, 2014
© Getty Images
Luis Suarez's father-in-law Gustavo Balbi says that the Liverpool striker has "nothing left to prove" in the Premier League.

Luis Suarez's father-in-law has insisted that the Liverpool striker has "nothing left to prove" in the Premier League.

The Uruguay international has been linked with a £100m move to La Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent days following his two-goal performance against England at the World Cup last week.

Gustavo Balbi told Spanish TV channel La Sexta: "It is the right time for change. He has nothing left to prove in England.

"The best solution would be if he were to go to Spain. We would like to have them close to us in Sprain but it does not matter which team he sign for. He would do very well over here.

"This would be the best move for him as he would not go to another team in England out of respect for Liverpool and their supporters."

In December, Suarez signed a contract extension with Liverpool to keep him with the club until 2018.

Luis Suarez of Uruguay celebrates scoring his team's first goal during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Group D match against England on June 19, 2014
Read Next:
Report: Suarez wants Barcelona move
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables