Oct 29, 2013 at 7.45pm UK at ​Caledonian Stadium
InvernessInverness Caledonian Thistle
Dundee UtdDundee United
Warren (54'), Draper (120')
Warren (31'), Foran (43'), McKay (90'), Foran (93')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Watson (6')
Gunning (41'), Paton (43'), Mackay-Steven (45'), Dillon (52'), Rankin (53'), Robertson (61'), Gomis (110'), Graham (122')
Ciftci (42')

Result: Inverness CT through to Scottish League Cup semis

Inverness players celebrate their win over Dundee United at the end of the match on August 10, 2010
© Getty Images
Ross Draper scores in the final minute of extra time to lead Inverness Caledonian Thistle to a 2-1 home win against 10-man Dundee United.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have progressed to the semi-finals of the Scottish League Cup with a 2-1 extra-time victory over 10-man Dundee United at home.

Visitors United surged ahead as early as the fifth minute at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium through Keith Watson. The full-back collected a cross-field pass from Ryan Gauld and struck home past Dean Brill.

The hosts replied almost immediately when Aaron Doran sent a ball across the face of the United goal, only for Billy McKay to fail to provide the finishing touch.

Midfielder Doran then tried his luck with a long-range effort for Inverness, but Radoslaw Cierzniak made a good save between the visitors' posts.

United went down to 10 men three minutes before the half-time interval as Nadir Ciftci was sent off following a melee between the two sets of players after Gary Mackay-Steven had gone down under a challenge from Inverness captain Richie Foran.

The home side took advantage of their numerical superiority and restored parity nine minutes into the second half when Gary Warren headed home Graeme Shinnie's free kick.

Inverness created chances to win the tie during the remainder of the second half, but failed to prevent the contest from going into extra time.

The hosts eventually booked their place in the last four of the competition in the final seconds of the 30-minute period. Danny Williams sent in a cross at the back post that Ross Draper headed in off the underside of the crossbar.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle's manager Terry Butcher celebrates his team's win against Celtic on November 24, 2012
Read Next:
Result: Inverness put three past St Mirren
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole