Walter Mazzarri denies pushing Antonio Cassano out

Walter Mazzarri
© PA Photos
Walter Mazzarri says that he did not push Antonio Cassano out of Inter Milan.

Inter Milan manager Walter Mazzarri has disputed claims made by Antonio Cassano that he was to blame for the striker being sold to Parma.

The Italian international claims that Mazzarri told him that he was not a guaranteed starter, but the 51-year-old said that he has not spoken to any of his squad yet.

"What I said to the club is exactly what I said when I held my press conference in Appiano Gentile," read a statement on the club's official website.

"I haven't spoken to or about the players since then because I was waiting for the start of the season. I don't see how I can have decided who my first-choice players and squad players are before I've even had the chance to coach them.

"I'd like to put on record that the last time I spoke to Cassano was at the Inter vs. Napoli match in the first half of last season. On that occasion I just said hello to him on the pitch."

Mazzarri was announced as Andrea Stramaccioni's successor in May.

Inter Milan's Antonio Cassano looks despondent during his side's game with Fiorentina on February 17, 2013
Read Next:
Cassano blames Mazzarri for Inter exit
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1AC Milan11003033
2Inter Milan11003033
3Juventus11003033
4Napoli11003123
5AC Chievo VeronaChievo11002113
6Sampdoria11002113
7Roma11001013
8Bologna10101101
9Torino10101101
10Genoa10100001
11Lazio10100001
12SPALSPAL10100001
13SassuoloSassuolo10100001
14BeneventoBenevento100112-10
15Udinese100112-10
16Atalanta BCAtalanta100101-10
17Hellas VeronaHellas Verona100113-20
18CagliariCagliari100103-30
19Crotone100103-30
20Fiorentina100103-30