May 4, 2013 at 12.45pm UK at ​The KCOM Stadium
Hull City
CardiffCardiff City
McShane (63'), Proschwitz (58')
Elmohamady (41'), Proschwitz (90')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Maynard (90' pen.), Campbell (49')
Taylor (30'), Nugent (79'), Gunnarsson (90')
Taylor (90')

Result: Hull City promoted to Premier League

Hull City's Paul McShane celebrates scoring against Cardiff City on May 4, 2013
© Mike Egerton / PA Photos
Hull City are promoted to the Premier League after a 2-2 draw with Cardiff City at the KC Stadium.

Hull City have been promoted to the Premier League after a dramatic 2-2 draw against Cardiff at the KC Stadium.

Fraizer Campbell had put the visitors in front against his old club, before goals from Nick Proschwitz and Paul McShane turned the game around for the home side.

Cardiff were reduced to 10 men when Andrew Taylor was sent off for a poor challenge before Proschwitz saw a penalty saved by David Marshall.

The drama continued deep into added time when Hull conceded a penalty that was converted by Nicky Maynard to earn a 2-2 draw.

However, Watford's defeat to Leeds United means that Hull have gained promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.

Despite a strong start from the hosts, it was the champions who had the first chance of the match 20 minutes in, when Craig Conway cut in from the left and fizzed a low shot just fractions wide of the far post from the edge of the box.

The Bluebirds again came close in the 39th minute, when Jordon Mutch's low shot crept just wide following a slight deflection.

Hull instantly responded when Robbie Brady had a go from long range, but his effort stung the hands of Marshall.

It took just four minutes after the break for the visitors to go in front, when half-time substitute Campbell latched onto a pass before coolly slotting the ball into the bottom corner of the net to put Cardiff ahead.

Hull thought that they had an instant equaliser when Brady's cross was nodded into the path of Proschwitz, but the substitute put his shot inches wide.

However, Proschwitz made up for that miss by grabbed a leveller for the hosts just short of the hour mark.

The KC Stadium was sent into delirium in the 63rd minute when McShane met a Brady corner at the far post to guide the ball into the back of the net.

Brady came close to adding a third for the Tigers in the 70th minute, but his smart turn and shot in the box was well stopped by Marshall.

Hull boss Steve Bruce gives the thumbs up prior to kick off in the match against Ipswich on April 13, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Hull on course for promotion
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole