Sep 29, 2012 at 3pm UK at ​John Smith's Stadium
HuddersfieldHuddersfield Town
Norwood (25'), Lee (84')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Hall (83'), Deeney (87' pen.), Martin Forestieri (68')
Cassetti (28'), Smith (90')

Result: Huddersfield Town 2-3 Watford

Galpharm Stadium
© PA Photos
A late penalty kick from Troy Deeney gives Watford victory at high-flying Huddersfield Town.

A dramatic late penalty from Troy Deeney gave Watford victory at high-flying Huddersfield Town in the Championship this afternoon.

Simon Grayson's side applied early pressure through Jermaine Beckford, whose left-footed shot from the edge of the box drifted wide of the mark.

Both Deeney and Marco Cassetti had chances at the other end, but neither managed to hit the target despite good build-up play.

The hosts took the lead on 25 minutes when Oliver Norwood found the back of the net with a free kick after Almen Abdi was adjudged to have fouled Beckford.

Watford upped their game in the second half and should have drawn level on 50 minutes when the ball was headed into the path of Fernando Forestieri, who missed a sitter.

Beckford had a chance to extend the home side's lead on 67 minutes when he latched onto Lee Novak's pass, but he failed to trouble Manuel Almunia.

Forestieri made amends for his glaring miss on 68 minutes when his deflected strike got the better of Huddersfield keeper Alex Smithies and ended up in the net.

Things went from bad to worse for the hosts on 82 minutes when Fitz Hall put the visitors in front, but it was a lead that would last less than two minutes thanks to Alan Lee's strike at the other end.

Huddersfield fans breathed a sigh of relief believing that they had rescued a point, but more drama ensued as Watford were awarded a late penalty when Cassetti went down in the box.

Deeney smashed home the resulting spot kick to break Huddersfield hearts and give Watford all three points.

Galpharm Stadium
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Huddersfield Town 1-0 Watford
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole