Rene Meulensteen: 'I won't block Dimitar Berbatov exit'

Rene Meulensteen the Fulham head coach waves to the fans prior to kickoff during the Barclays Premier League match between Fulham and Swansea City at Craven Cottage on November 23, 2013
© Getty Images
Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen says that he will not try to stop striker Dimitar Berbatov from leaving the club during the January transfer window.

Rene Meulensteen has said that he would not stop Dimitar Berbatov from leaving Fulham during the January transfer window.

The striker's agent suggested earlier this week that he is keen to leave the London club, while Spanish champions Barcelona have reportedly been interested in signing the Bulgarian.

"I will never stand in the way of people's ambitions. He is an immense player that I think any manager would want in his team, especially me," Sky Sports News quotes the new Fulham boss as saying.

"I've worked with Dimitar for so long. I'm one of his biggest fans because I know what he can do. I witnessed it every day on the training pitch at Manchester United.

"I had a really good chat with him. But we spoke about him as a player and the most important thing for me is to focus on the next few games up to January, no more."

Fulham face Aston Villa tomorrow.

Dimitar Berbatov of Fulham reacts after a missed chance on goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Fulham and Swansea City at Craven Cottage on November 23, 2013
Read Next:
Meulensteen: 'Berbatov is committed to Fulham'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand