Fernando Torres insists on Chelsea stay

Fernando Torres of Chelsea celebrates after scoring the opening goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Southampton and Chelsea at St Mary's Stadium on January 1, 2014
© Getty Images
Fernando Torres insists that he wants to fulfil his contract at Chelsea and does not want to leave in the summer.

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has insisted that he does not want to leave in the summer.

The 30-year-old Spain international has been linked with a move away from the London outfit at the end of the season following yet another disappointing campaign.

"In the last month I have moved to Atletico [Madrid], Valencia, Inter [Milan] and Monaco," he told The Independent. "I have two more years left on my contract and I said on the first day that I have signed five years with Chelsea and I want to play five years with Chelsea.

"I have tried to win everything with this club and hopefully the Premier League is the next one. If we win the Premier League, we have the chance to play the Community Shield, that's another one we don't have.

"We have to fight to win another Champions League and we have the chance to win the Super Cup, the Club World Cup. There are many things still to do and hopefully two years is enough. Who knows if after that more years are coming?"

Torres's current contract with Chelsea runs out in June 2016.

Fernando Torres of Chelsea celebrates scoring their second goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Chelsea and Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on October 27, 2013
Read Next:
Hierro backs Torres for World Cup
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables