Rafael Benitez refuses to be drawn on Chelsea future

Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez during the match against Everton on December 30, 2012
© PA Photos
Rafael Benitez refuses to comment on whether his chances of staying at Chelsea have increased following Pep Guardiola's move to Bayern Munich.

Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has refused to comment on his future at Stamford Bridge following the news that Blues target Pep Guardiola will join Bayern Munich.

The former Barcelona coach had been linked with the permanent role at Chelsea for some time and while Blues owner Roman Abramovich is believed to have been eyeing the Spaniard for months, it was announced yesterday that Guardiola will take charge of Bayern in the summer.

When asked by BBC Sport if Guardiola's decision would result in an extended term for Benitez at the Premier League club, the former Liverpool boss said: "Guardiola has gone there and it's good for him. We will try to be ready for our next game."

Benitez remained coy when questioned whether he has been holding talks with the club.

The 52-year-old said: "I have to concentrate on the game. You say that we have some problems at home so I will try to concentrate on the game. That is my job."

Benitez witnessed his side draw 2-2 with Southampton at home last night.

Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez on the touchline during the match against Leeds on December 19, 2012
Read Next:
Benitez unsure over future
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand