Result: Holders Chelsea out as Manchester City reach FA Cup final

Manchester City beat Chelsea 2-1 at Wembley to reach the FA Cup final for the second time in three years.

Manchester City have reached their second FA Cup final in three years after beating Chelsea 2-1 at Wembley.

City fans do 'The Poznan' after Samir Nasri's goal against Chelsea on April 14, 2013© PA Photos

Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero put City 2-0 ahead, but Roberto Mancini's men were forced to endure a nervy final 25 minutes after Demba Ba's volley halved the deficit.

Nasri broke the deadlock on 35 minutes, when Aguero's attempted pass deflected off Cesar Azpilicueta into the path of the Frenchman, who slotted home from eight yards.

City's Samir Nasri gives his team the lead against Chelsea on April 14, 2013© PA Photos

City's backline was rarely threatened in the first half, but captain Vincent Kompany was required to head off the goalline on the half-hour mark.

Juan Mata's free kick was headed clear by Matija Nastasic as far as Eden Hazard, whose volley slammed into the ground and looped over the head of goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon before Kompany intervened to save his side.

City continued their dominance after the break and Aguero doubled his side's advantage with a looping header following Gareth Barry's clipped cross.

City striker Sergio Aguero celebrates a goal against Chelsea with Samir Nasri on April 14, 2013© PA Photos

Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez threw Fernando Torres into the action on 66 minutes and within seconds of his introduction strike partner Ba had put the ball in the net.

Ba latched onto David Luiz's lofted through-ball and beat Pantilimon with a stylish bicycle kick.

Chelsea striker Demba Ba scores against Man City on April 14, 2013© AP Photos

That goal sparked a big response from Chelsea. Pantilimon, who has yet to make a Premier League appearance for City, had to make two outstanding saves to keep his side ahead.

The Romanian goalkeeper took the ball right off the toes of Mata before making a point-blank block to deny Ba.

Aguero was fortunate to finish the game after referee Chris Foy failed to spot his ugly-looking stamp on Luiz.

City's Samir Nasri gives his team the lead against Chelsea on April 14, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Nasri ends drought to fire City ahead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole