Jan 26, 2013 at 3pm UK at ​Turf Moor
BirminghamBirmingham City
Wallace (56' pen.)
Wallace (27')
Marney (61')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Davies (21'), King (90')

Result: Marlon King seals victory for Birmingham City

Marlon King scores in the last minute to give Birmingham City a 2-1 win over Burnley at Turf Moor.

Birmingham City have snatched all three points against Burnley thanks to Marlon King's late goal at Turf Moor.

Birmingham City's Curtis Davies is congratulated on scoring his sides first goal against Burnley on January 26, 2013© PA Photos

All the early chances fell to Burnley, who were having a lot of joy down the left-hand side thanks to Ross Wallace.

He picked out Danny Ings twice inside the opening 20 minutes, but the forward was unable to direct either header into the net.

The visitors took the lead against the run of play in the 21st minute when Curtis Davies was allowed a free header from a corner.

The goal seemed to knock Burnley, who had played well up until that point. Grant McCann and Junior Stanislas tried to link up, with the former seeing his shot easily saved by Jack Butland.

It remained 1-0 to the Blues at the break, but Sean Dyche's men came out rejuvenated following the break.

They were denied an equaliser by Butland's brilliant save from a Sam Vokes header.

However, a penalty given for a foul by Paul Robinson on Stanislas gave Wallace the chance to level, and he duly dispatched the spot kick.

The hosts went down to 10 men with half an hour left to play when Dean Marney was given his marching orders for a late tackle on Robinson.

Second-half sub Nikola Zigic should have scored late on, but his close-ranger header from Chris Burke's centre struck the woodwork.

It was left to King to decide the points, as he found the net from 12 yards out in the last minute.

Birmingham defender Curtis Davies celebrates his winning goal against Barnsley on Boxing Day 2012
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Davies heads Birmingham in front
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole