Junior Stanislas not regretting Burnley departure

Junior Stanislas of Bournemouth during the Pre Season Friendly match between AFC Bournemouth and Southampton at The Goldsands Stadium on July 25, 2014
© Getty Images
Junior Stanislas says that he has no regrets over quitting Premier League side Burnley for Championship club Bournemouth.

Bournemouth ace Junior Stanislas has insisted that he has no regrets over leaving Burnley in the summer.

The 24-year-old helped the Clarets win promotion to the Premier League last season but claims that he would have struggled to earn first-team chances in the top flight.

Stanislas has started four of the Cherries' Championship outings thus far, and believes that he was right to leave Sean Dyche's side, who sit second from bottom in the top tier.

"In terms of where Burnley are, you can't judge them too harshly because they have had some tough games," he told the Daily Echo.

"But in terms of my own personal decision, I'm happy. I've been starting games and coming on the pitch. I've only not come on once when I've been on the bench.

"I think I've contributed towards the team and how we've played. My decision was solely based on football reasons and playing, and I've had that opportunity so far, so I can't complain."

The former West Ham United has struck once for Bournemouth this season.

Burnley manager Sean Dyche celebrates with Danny Ings following the Sky Bet Championship match between Burnley and Wigan Athletic at Turf Moor on April 21, 2014
Read Next:
Dyche: 'Ings could be back next week'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



Tables