Feb 2, 2013 at 3pm UK at ​Bloomfield Road
Ince (55')
Baptiste (46')
Gilks (65')
FT(HT: 0-1)
O'Brien (25'), Scotland (88')

Result: Barnsley snatch late win over 10-man Blackpool

Barnsley caretaker manager David Flitcroft celebrates watching his side beat Leeds United on 12 January, 2013
© PA Photos
Jason Scotland scores the winner with two minutes to go to give Barnsley a 2-1 over Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

Jason Scotland scored a late winner to give relegation-fighting Barnsley a 2-1 win over Blackpool this afternoon.

Jim O'Brien gave the visitors the lead midway through the first half at Bloomfield Road, before Thomas Ince levelled the score after the break.

However, Blackpool were then reduced to 10 men when Matt Gilks was shown a red card for committing a handball outside the box, before Scotland found a winner just minutes from time.

The home started the match on the front foot and nearly took the lead through Gary Taylor-Fletcher in the eighth minute, but his header was cleared off the line from a corner.

Blackpool had another chance just a few minutes later, but Tiago Gomes fired his shot high and wide of the target after a neat one-two with Matt Phillips.

The Tangerines had another great chance after 17 minutes, when Chris Basham found himself unmarked at the far post from a corner but he failed to get his effort on target.

Barnsley started to build a bit of momentum, and came close through an O'Brien free kick that forced Matt Gilks into making a good save.

The away side then went in front on the 25-minute mark, when they hit Blackpool on the counter-attack from a corner and O'Brien slotted home a tidy finish to put Barnsley ahead.

Barnsley nearly doubled their lead nine minutes later, but David Perkins drilled his effort just over the bar from a corner.

It was the visitors who had the first chance after the interval, but Perkins's shot fell wide of the target.

Blackpool nearly responded from a corner, as Ince's cross was met by a volley from Craig Cathcart, but his effort whistled over the crossbar.

However, Blackpool found an equaliser 10 minutes into the second half, when Ince banged home a cross from the left.

The hosts were then reduced to 10 men midway through the second half when Gilks committed a handball outside the box when Chris O'Grady was through on goal. Phillips was then sacrificed for second-string keeper Mark Halstead.

January loan-singing Matt Derbyshire came off the bench and came close with two headers in two minutes, but he couldn't put the hosts ahead.

Basham came close to giving Blackpool the lead 11 minutes from time, but he turned Gomes's floated pass just wide of the post.

Derbyshire again came fractions away from finding the net, but his ferocious volley came back off the bar.

However, the away side made their one-man advantage count just two minutes from time, when Scotland found the back of the net after a goalmouth scramble.

Barnsley caretaker manager David Flitcroft celebrates watching his side beat Leeds United on 12 January, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: O'Brien gives Barnsley lead
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole