League One Roundup: Bristol City rescue a late draw against Barnsley

Joe Garner of Preston North End celebrates with team-mate Jake Larkins after he scores the first goal of the game for his side from the penalty spot during the Sky Bet League One match between Preston North End and Leyton Orient at Deepdale on February 15
© Getty Images
Sports Mole rounds up Saturday's action from League One as leaders Bristol City leave it late to grab a 2-2 draw with Barnsley and continue their unbeaten run.

League One leaders Bristol City rescued a 2-2 draw against Barnsley at Oakwell as Aaron Wilbraham's late equaliser extended their unbeaten run to 21 games.

Preston North End are second after coming from 2-0 down inside seven minutes against Fleetwood Town to win 3-2 thanks to Joe Garner's second half hat-trick.

Coventry City, who had only registered one point from seven games going into their clash with Peterborough United today, also recovered from trailing 2-0 at half time to win 3-2.

Notts County left it late to beat bottom-of-the-table Scunthorpe United 1-0 through an 89th-minute Zeli Ismail penalty.

Sheffield United climbed to fifth with a 1-0 victory over 10-man Crewe Alexandra, while first-half goals from Jonathan Forte and Mike Jones gave Oldham Athletic a 2-1 win over Bradford City which carries them into the final playoff spot.

At the other end of the table, Walsall moved away from trouble as Tom Bradshaw's goal gave them a 1-0 victory over Chesterfield, while Yeovil Town fell to their fifth defeat in six games as an Ian Henderson brace and a strike from Jack O'Connell gave Rochdale a comfortable 3-0 win at Huish Park.

Leon Legge's goal earned Gillingham a 1-1 draw with Crawley Town, but the result keeps Peter Taylor's side in the relegation zone and takes their run of games without a win to seven.

Goals from Adam Yates and Ben Williamson, as well as an own goal from Nathan Clarke, gave Port Vale a 3-0 win over Leyton Orient, who had Darius Henderson sent off after just half an hour for violent conduct.

Meanwhile, two goals from Michael Smith were not enough to give Swindon Town three points as strikes from Rhys Healey and Gavin Massey earned Colchester United a draw. Doncaster Rovers and MK Dons drew 0-0.

Results in full Barnsley 2-2 Bristol City, Coventry City 3-2 Peterborough United, Crewe Alexandra 0-1 Sheffield United, Doncaster Rovers 0-0 MK Dons, Gillingham 1-1 Crawley Town, Oldham Athletic 2-1 Bradford City, Port Vale 3-0 Leyton Orient, Preston North End 3-2 Fleetwood Town, Scunthorpe United 0-1 Notts County, Swindon Town 2-2 Colchester United, Walsall 1-0 Chesterfield, Yeovil Town 0-3 Rochdale.

Marcus Haber of Stevenage encourages the fans to get behind the team during the FA Cup Third Round match against Doncaster Rovers on January 4, 2014
Read Next:
L1 roundup: Crewe shock nine-man Posh
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole