Joe Root moving on from David Warner incident

Root moving on from Warner incident
© PA Photos
Ahead of the Ashes, Joe Root says that he has no issues with Australian batsman David Warner.

Joe Root has insisted that he does not have a problem with Australian batsman David Warner.

The pair were involved in an altercation earlier this month at a bar in Birmingham, where Warner is said to have punched the England opener.

However, Root has revealed that having received an apology, he is now keen to put the incident behind him.

"It's all done now. I hope we can move on," said the 22-year-old. "David Warner has apologised. I've accepted it. As far as I'm concerned, that's all behind us."

The Ashes between England and Australia gets underway at Trent Bridge on Wednesday, July 10.

England selector Ashely Giles watches a net session on February 25, 2011
Read Next:
Giles urges England to focus on themselves
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand