Mo Farah undeterred by Boston Marathon tragedy

Mo Farah
© PA Photos
Mo Farah offers his support to the victims of the Boston Marathon bomb attack, but insists that the incident has not deterred him from competing in the London Marathon.

Mo Farah has said that he is still keen to run the London Marathon despite the bombings at the Boston Marathon earlier this week.

The double Olympic champion offered his support to the victims of the tragedy in the US, but insisted that the incident has not deterred him from competitive running.

"This is home for me. This is where I grew up and there's no reason not to do this," Farah told BBC Sport.

"It's sad news what happened in Boston and my support goes to all the people and families. Those people would want us to carry on and do the best that we can.

"You can't be thinking about negative things. You just have to be positive and do what we came out here to do."

Farah will be one of 35,000 runners to tackle the 26.2-mile course this Sunday.

Mo Farah
Read Next:
Video: Presenter asks Farah if he's run before
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole