Rex Ryan denies Mark Sanchez surgery reports

New York Jets' Mark Sanchez in action on August 17, 2013
© Getty Images
New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan says that reports suggesting that quarterback Mark Sanchez will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery are inaccurate.

Rex Ryan has dismissed reports that Mark Sanchez is set to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery.

It had been claimed that the quarterback, who is currently on the New York Jets' injured reserve designated to return list, had decided to have an operation to repair his injured shoulder, which would keep him off the field for around six months.

The team's head coach told the team's website: "Really, there's no update. When we spoke with Mark, all indications to us are that he's going to continue the rehab and as a matter of fact he was here today rehabbing, so really there's no update."

The 26-year-old added: "I think we made the decision that's best for the team, best for me and my medical health. I'll come back in eight weeks and be ready to play."

Rookie Geno Smith has been the team's starting quarterback since Sanchez picked up the injury in pre-season.

Jets coach Rex Ryan during a game with Jacksonville on August 17, 2013
Read Next:
Ryan considering wristband ploy for Smith
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



American Football on LockerDome