Ex-Miami Dolphin Jonathan Martin ready to return to NFL

Jonathan Martin of the Miami Dolphins talks ot the media after the rookie minicamp on May 4, 2012
© Getty Images
Jonathan Martin says that his love for football has never diminished and that he is keen to return to playing the game this off-season.

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin has stated that he is keen to get back to playing football, after quitting his team last year after allegedly suffering racial abuse from teammate Richie Incognito.

Incognito was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" back in October, and the whole affair led to Martin leaving after admitting that he didn't feel comfortable within the locker room.

On Wednesday, he told NBC: "I'm ready to get back to football. The Super Bowl is on Sunday and I just love the competitive aspect of it, so I can't wait to get back to it.

"I love football. I think that's been clear all along, it's a part of who I am. I don't think you can question my love for the game. It's always been there. It's never left, so honestly, I just cannot wait to get back to playing in the NFL."

Earlier this week, the tackle had said that he felt trapped at the Dolphins, and will likely be playing his football elsewhere when he does get back on to the field.

Owner Stephen Ross of the Miami Dolphins talks to the media about the NFL's investigation of locker room practices before play against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers November 11, 2013
Read Next:
Ross: 'I have an idea of NFL report content'
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



American Football on LockerDome
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand