Dallas Cowboys abandon Anthony Spencer contract talks

Cowboys abandon Spencer contract talks
© PA Photos
The agent of defensive end Anthony Spencer says that the Dallas Cowboys have ended talks over a long-term contract with the 29-year-old.

The Dallas Cowboys have given up on talks to sign Anthony Spencer to a long-term contract.

The NFC East side used their franchise tag to keep the defensive end at the team for the 2013 NFL season, but had been in discussions with the 29-year-old over a multi-year deal.

Spencer's agent, Jordan Woy, told NFL.com: "Both sides have diligently tried to reach a deal and we have a very positive relationship with the team. Anthony is happy and is looking forward to playing this season."

Spencer made 95 tackles and 11 sacks in 2012.

Dallas' DeMarcus Ware sitting on the bench versus the Eagles on December 2, 2012
Read Next:
Ware: "I feel good"
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand