Marc Trestman: 'J'Marcus Webb must earn starting job'

Chicago Bears' J'Marcus Webb rests during summer training camp on August 6, 2011
© Getty Images
Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman reveals that J'Marcus Webb will have to earn his place in the team's starting lineup for the 2013 NFL season.

Marc Trestman has revealed that J'Marcus Webb faces competition to be the Chicago Bears' starting left tackle for the 2013 NFL season.

The 25-year-old has started all regular season games over the last two years for the NFC North side, but allowed Carolina Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson through to sack Jay Cutler during their pre-season game on Friday.

The head coach told the Bears' official website: "He's in a competition, we've told him that he is. I said earlier in the week I didn't hide from the fact that he's had very good days and not so good days.

"He hasn't been as consistent as we'd like, and we'll look at the tape and see where he is, but when he's on his game, he can be very good.

"I know [assistant coaches] Aaron [Kromer] and Pat [Meyer] are working hard to create an environment for him that he's more successful."

Webb was drafted by the Bears in 2010.

The Chicago Bears unveil their new head coach Marc Trestman at a press conference on January 17, 2013
Read Next:
Trestman pleased with Cutler progress
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand