Matt Ryan "not too worried" by contract talks

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan against the NY Giants on December 16, 2012
© AP Photos
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan believes that talks regarding a contract extension will take care of themselves before the start of the 2013 NFL season.

Matt Ryan has said that he expects contract talks with the Atlanta Falcons will "take care of themselves" ahead of the 2013 NFL season.

The quarterback is entering the last year of his current deal with the Falcons, but the NFC South side have put extension discussions on hold while they prepare for the draft, which starts tomorrow.

The 27-year-old told NFL Total Access: "I think both sides have spoken, but that's down the line.

"I think at this point, the things I can worry about, the things I can focus on, are trying to improve on the field, and letting the smart people, the guys who are in to that kind of stuff, handle that business off the field.

"I want to be here, I know that for sure. I think things will take care of themselves, and right now, it's not something I'm too worried about."

Ryan led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game last season, winning a post-season game for the first time in his career along the way.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan against the NY Giants on December 16, 2012
Read Next:
White backs Ryan
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole



American Football on LockerDome
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand